Why did I choose my major?

Well, that’s me in my first day at university, I was terrified because I thought they were going to “mechonearme”. I don’t look happy in that photo, but I swear that day was one of the best day ever at university. I thinks I always like science, I remember since I was a child I really likes to “explore” the nature, to do “perfumes” with any material that I could find in my yard and asking to myself how the plants and flowers grow.

When I was a child, maybe when I was 10 years old, I dream to grow up and be a doctor or a nurse. When I was 14 years old, I realize I didn’t had the best marks to study medicine. When I was 15 years old my family fall into an economic crisis and all my energy to be a professional and go to university disappear, with my brother we start working at many things to helps our parents. My school help us, and they let we work on a store library for 4 years at vacations (December to March). With this work my parents could pay some debts and I could graduate at school.

When I was in 4th senior, until to end my school process I don’t want to study anymore, I just want to look for any job, but my mom convince me to study and do the PSU test. Finally, after I receive my PSU score I decide to stand to many science careers (nurse, environmental chemistry, environmental biology and biology) and I found one called “food engineering” and I really like the idea to study food chemical process. I decide to stand at University of Chile because I supposed this university could be cheaper than others private universities and I will study for free with “ gratuidad” and that was what happens. That is how finally I decide to study my major. I don’t know if studying this I will find my dream job  but I hope.

The last photo is about my best fried Daniela and my in one science fair at my school. Currently Daniela is also studying Chemistry and Farmacy at the same faculty I am.













Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

English 4, Post 1, 'A country you would like to visit'

Who I am?

English 4, Post 8, 'English Language challenges'